Thursday, March 12, 2009

Long day ahead with not much to report


I'm back in the swing of things coming off my Spring Break from GA State. My MBA classes start back up tonight and I'll be tied up from 7:30 am to 10:30 pm. Makes for long days, but it's worth it. They sure don't give those MBAs away!

My birthday is coming up on the 25th and I've finally decided that I want to check out BLT Steak for my evening out. Any thoughts?

We are also going out on the 27th to celebrate Zach's most recent success in his practice, and he chose Hals for his meal. We've been there a bunch of times for drinks and music..it's a great little gem right down the street from us, but I've never had dinner there. Looking forward to a few good meals.

Thanks to Jimmy at Eat It Atlanta for plugging our MS Fundraiser at Sweetwater. You made my day! Go check his site out..it's a must read.

Made some stuffed pork last night. My step-mother-in-law (is that the correct term?) gave me a seasoning blend called Gator Sprinkle from Florida that she swears by. They don't list ingredients, but it seems like a mix of salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and sweet paprika with some other stuff mixed it. Nice easy seasoning for pork chops. I stuffed them with fresh spinach and a touch of goat cheese. That, some lemon linguine with parm cheese and parsley, and a salad was a nice satisfying meal after 40 minutes on the treadmill last night. Back to leftover chili for this evening..there will be no dinner cooking at 10:30 at night!

Have tomorrow off, and outside of a ton of errands, will be planning on making some chicken stock. I'm about out of mine and I have a bunch of frozen chicken parts I've been saving for a while. Time to clean out the freezer and get some stock made. I'm also thinking of hitting up a farmer's market for the first time since I moved to Atlanta..any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment