Thursday, March 5, 2009

Down Market Mussels



My husband is a Wealth Manager at Merrill Lynch. Therefore, I keep a close eye on the market to get an idea as to his mood. Seeing as the market was down as it was today, I decided to cheer him up with a nice meal before we spend the rest of the evening packing for Vegas.

I have no idea where this recipe came from..I've just always used it for my mussels.


First I cleaned the mussels, checked for any broken ones, and added them to a pot with a half cup of white wine and covered the pot. After the steamed for about ten minutes, I fished them out and let them cool.


Mussels cooling off in the pot.


In the meantime, I melted some butter, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a pan and let that combine and reduce. I added a shot of cream, then mussels, and a handful of chopped parsley. Toss it with some pasta. Ta-da! Dinner accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment