Thursday, March 5, 2009

The day before Vegas


I've been to Aja a few times..first off, I'm a sucker for that beautiful bar. I've been to Emeril's about a half dozen times, and never had any desire to go past the bar. It's stunning. Same with Aja - never had a bite of food, but the drinks aren't bad. We went last night for a networking event on a Wednesday night and they BLASTED 10 year old Britney Spears, followed by Smooth Operator. I couldn't even hear Zach sitting next to me. It was horrid. Needless to say, Aja is now off my list of acceptable restaurants.

Other than that, the night was good. We ended up at Two Urban Licks to nosh on some salmon chips which are the most amazing concoction in the world. Headed home at a decent time and I crashed with the long dogs curled up next to me. Not a bad end to the evening by any means.

And I have a confession to make..I got tied up at work and didn't do day 3 of the Shred. I had enough time to let the puppies out, clean the kitchen, and then Zach was there for us to leave. So, sorry Jillian - I owe you a workout tonight.

Already ran some errands for the Vegas trip tomorrow AM. Looking forward to getting out of the city and having a nice, relaxing weekend. Amanda is coming after all..so we'll see how the storm cloud behaves. *rolls eyes*

Got my new issue of Bon Appetit in the mail which, along with the January issue of Food and Wine (I swear I ACCIDENTLY stole it from my doctor's office), will keep me happy and hungry on the flight to Vegas. I plan on posting about at least one of the recipies, as I'm determined to make my subscription worth it.

Didn't do any cooking last night - as Mortons and Two Urban Licks supplied the grub for last evening. Will have to come up with something for tonight..we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment