Friday, March 13, 2009

Homemade Chicken Stock


So now that I finally have a day off to catch up on things, I decided to empty out my freezer and my vegetable crisper and make some homemade chicken stock. I used a leftover carcass from a roast chicken I made a few weeks ago, some celery, onion, garlic, and some portobello mushrooms stems I had saved. I was lacking in the carrot department, and only had one clove of garlic (gasp!), but what can you do.

The ingredients, minus the bird of course:


I added about 10 cups of water to just barely cover..and I let it go for about 3 or 4 hours.


The finished product is the first picture. Now, time to figure out something for dinner with this lovely stock.

2 comments:

  1. I spy some Costco tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha the gravy is now simmering as we speak ;)

    ReplyDelete