Monday, March 23, 2009

Dinner from the Fridge


So I noticed that my shitake and crimini mushrooms were starting to look a little tired when I was making breakfast yesterday morning, so I was determined to use them for dinner last night. I was a little worse for the wear once we finished running errands: no defrosted meat, some spinach, leftover brie, a lemon that was just as sleepy as my mushrooms, some white wine, olives, and some parm cheese. It took me about 15 minutes to come up with a great meal.

I should note, that I made fresh pasta for this recipe - I make the whole wheat recipe that came with my Kitchenaid attachments and it's never failed me. I made super thin angel hair pasta which came out amazing.

Recipe:

2 cups of mushrooms, sliced
1 clove of garlic
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup white wine
1 tbs butter
1/2 cup parm cheese
Zest of 1 lemon
2 tbs lemon juice
Cooked pasta

Sautee the mushrooms and garlic in the olive oil. When cooked through, add the white wine and allow that to reduce. Take the mushrooms off the heat. In the meantime, cook and drain the pasta. Add the pasta right to the pan of mushrooms. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, butter, and cheese and toss to combine. Serve with a salad of spinach, lemon vinaigrette, brie cheese, and olives and you're good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment