Monday, April 13, 2009

Roasted Tomato Soup


My husband has been sick the last few days, and when he gets sick all he wants is soup. I made up some chicken and rice soup earlier in the week, but he inhaled it. So I had a bunch of stewed tomatoes in my pantry and made up some roasted tomato soup.

Recipe:
4 cans of stewed tomatoes, liquid separated
1 onion, quartered
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbs Herbes de Provence

Lay the tomatoes, onions, and garlic on a sheet pan and roast for 45 minutes at 350. Reduce the tomato liquid by half over medium high heat. Let the tomato and onion mixture cool, and blend in a blender. Add to the tomato liquid. Season with salt and pepper, and add the Herbes de Provence. Simmer for 30 minutes.

The soup came out great, and just in time. As soon as my husband got over his sinus infection, I got one. At least I have some yummy soup while I'm stuck on the couch the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment