Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Quick homemade pizza


So as much time as I have now that my job was eliminated last week, I was NOT in the mood to make some pizza dough. Mostly because I was hungry right then, and was not patient enough to watch it rise. So I headed to my local pizza shop and bought some dough and whipped out my cast iron griddle. I sliced up some tomato, some fresh mozzarella, some basil from my herb box on the patio, and some anchovies (ask me one day about these anchovies, they're legend in my house). I preheated the oven to 450 and cranked up my cast iron on the stove. I toasted the bottom of the dough, added the toppings, then placed the cast iron in the oven for about 7 minutes. Added some freshly grated cheese and the basil and had a wonderful meal all to myself in my big old empty home. The puppies were jealous that all they got to eat was kibble, but they'll get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment