Monday, April 6, 2009

Laid-Off Eggplant Gratin


Sorry about that whole lack of posting for a week - getting your position eliminated will do that to you. Anyways, here's a big ol' updated about what I made the other evening for dinner. Sometimes I still impress myself.

I'm not a big fan of eggplant. I've really tried to like it, and every time I tried it I was just told that I'm not eating it prepared correctly. So, in my laid off glory, as I was watching Barefoot Contessa cook an eggplant gratin the other day, I figured I had to try it.

Here is the link to her recipe. The only changes I made was omitted the egg and added a pinch of nutmeg.

This came out amazing and we ate every bite. I served it with a simple romaine and celery heart salad with a lemon mustard vinaigrette and some whole wheat crusty bread with some extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar as a dipping sauce.

For dessert, I made this yogurt cake and made a strawberry sauce with some lemon juice, lemon zest, Splenda, strawberries, and a splash of Grand Mariner.

No comments:

Post a Comment